Chief Executive Officer
- An accomplished executive in with over 15 years of healthcare services background
- Prior to joining Akorn, Raj Rai was president and CEO of Option Care, Inc. a leading pharmacy services provider of home infusion therapies and specialty pharmaceuticals
- Mr. Rai currently serves on the board of directors of Aciex Therapeutics an ophthalmic pharmaceutical company centered on developing products to treat ocular diseases
- Holds a B. Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering from REC Warangal (India) and an MBA in Finance from Wayne State University
Chief Financial Officer
Bruce Kutinsky, Pharm.D.
- Timothy A. Dick joined Akorn from Walgreens-Option Care, Inc., where he served as Vice President, Operations Improvement & Analysis with responsibility for finance, pricing and process improvement
- He previously held various leadership positions in the areas of financial planning, analysis, and acquisitions at Option Care, Inc.
- Prior to Option Care, Mr. Dick held management positions in finance and acquisitions with both Johnson & Johnson and Peace Health, a Seattle-based regional health care system
- Holds a BBA in Accounting from the University of Texas at Tyler and an MBA in Finance from the University of Michigan's Ross School of Business
Chief Operating Officer
- Entrepreneurial executive with over 20 years of healthcare experience known for his ability to develop, communicate and align a corporate vision to investor financial commitments.
- Prior to joining Akorn, Dr. Kutinsky was the Vice President of Strategic Solutions for Walgreens where he was responsible for supporting the strategic planning process for Walgreens businesses and the development of long range plans to achieve goals established in alignment with the enterprise-wide corporate strategy.
- Prior to joining Walgreens, Dr. Kutinsky was the Executive Vice President of Specialty Pharmacy for Option Care where he had P&L responsibility for the specialty pharmacy division including management of operations, sales, marketing and reimbursement.
- Prior to joining Option Care, Dr. Kutinsky was the President of Specialized Alternative Care, a home infusion and specialty pharmacy company.
- Dr. Kutinsky holds a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the University of Michigan.
Senior Vice President, Global Business Development
Mark M. Silverberg
- An accomplished veteran with over 15 years experience in both branded and generic pharmaceuticals. Sean Brynjelsen's background included pharmaceutical development, due diligence, project management and strategic planning.
- Mr. Brynjelsen joined Akorn in April 2007 as Director, New Business Development. In December, 2007 he took on the additional responsibility as head of Contract Manufacturing.
- Prior to joining Akorn, Mr. Brynjelsen held progressively responsible positions within R & D and Program Management at Hospira International and Baxter Healthcare Corporation.
- Mr. Brynjelsen holds a BS Biochemistry and MS Chemistry from the University of Illinois and an MBA from the University of Notre Dame.
Executive Vice President, Operations, Global Quality Assurance & Technical Services
Sam Boddapati, Ph.D.
- An accomplished multi-disciplinary executive with 34 years experience, Mr. Silverberg joined Akorn in April 2005.
- Mr. Silverberg directs Akorn's manufacturing operations, global Quality Assurance and Research and Development programming. He is responsible for the company's drug product formulation, filling and packaging facilities, warehousing and distribution, Quality / Microbiological / R&D laboratories, as well as Regulatory Compliance / Regulatory Affairs and relationship management with FDA and other domestic and international regulatory authorities.
- Mr. Silverberg joined Akorn after a successful, thirty-year career at Abbott Laboratories, where he served at the Director level in several division and corporate level positions - including the Hospital Product Divisions (HPD), Pharmaceutical Products Division (PPD), Abbott Diagnostics Division (ADD) and Corporate Quality Assurance / Regulatory Affairs.
- He directed divisional and corporate support activities for large volume, small volume injectable products and oral dosage drugs, as well as medical device product lines.
- He holds a B.S. Biology from Marquette University.
Senior Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- An accomplished professional in the pharmaceutical industry with over 25 years of experience, Dr. Boddapati joined Akorn in July 2004.
- Dr. Boddapati is responsible for filing all regulatory submissions to FDA and obtaining their approvals.
- During his career in the pharmaceutical industry, Dr. Boddapati has filed more than 150 submissions including ANDAs, INDs, and NDAs and played a key role in obtaining FDA approval to market the drugs.
- Prior to joining Akorn, Dr. Boddapati held Senior Management roles at SuperGen, Abraxis BioScience, and American Regent.
Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
John R. Sabat
- Joseph Bonaccorsi joined Akorn from Walgreens-Option Care, Inc. where he served as Senior Vice President Mergers & Acquisition and Counsel for the Walgreens-Option Care Home Care division.
- Mr. Bonaccorsi joined Option Care, Inc in 2002, where he served as Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary and Corporate Compliance Officer through 2007.
- Prior to joining Option Care, Inc., Mr. Bonaccorsi practiced law in Chicago, where he focused his practice in the area of civil litigation from 1989 through 2001. He was a capital partner at the law firm Sanchez & Daniels and an associate attorney at the law firm Fraterrigo, Best & Beranek.
- He received his BS degree from Northwestern University in 1986 and his JD from Loyola University School of Law, Chicago in 1989.
Senior Vice President, Global Sales/Marketing and National Accounts
Michael P. Stehn
- With a career encompassing over 32 years in the Pharmaceutical industry, Mr. Sabat is widely recognized as a leader and one of the premier National Account executives in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Mr. Sabat is responsible for leading Akorn's National Accounts program. His areas of responsibility include: Hospital Group Purchasing Organizations, Pharmaceutical Wholesalers, Ophthalmic and Injectable Distributors, the Federal Government, and International customers.
- Prior to joining Akorn, Mr. Sabat held Senior Sales and Marketing positions with Major/Apotex, IVAX(formerly Goldline), Baxter (formerly Ascot), International Medication Systems, Limited (now IMS-Amphastar) and Rexall-Sundown.
Senior Vice President, Operations
- In this position, he provides overall management and leadership to the Manufacturing, Engineering and Contract Services departments and is responsible for strategic and operational planning.
- Prior to joining Akorn in 1990, Mr. Stehn served as director of quality assurance and regulatory compliance with Carlisle Laboratories, a division of Rugby Darby. Mr. Stehn spent 11 years in various quality and regulatory positions with Carlisle Laboratories and has over 25 years of combined experience within the sterile pharmaceutical industry including SVP's, ointments, gels and medical devices.
- Mr. Stehn holds a bachelor's degree in science with an emphasis on Microbiology and Clinical Chemistry from Fairleigh Dickinson University. He serves as a member of the Parenteral Drug Association.